Archive for the ‘National’ Category
Ukulele strums could be heard throughout Old Town Square Saturday afternoon, followed by a smooth voice singing the words to Paramore’s “The Only Exception”. This unlikely combination resulted in a unique cover by Florida native, Carolyn Lauttenbach, which had crowd members of all ages nodding, clapping and dancing along. Throughout the rest of the set, Carolyn did a mix of classic and popular covers, as well as original material, occasionally trading the ukulele for an acoustic guitar.
Todd Queen, Chair of the Department of Music, Theatre and Dance, and Cao Jin, ECNU Director of Opera, continue their popular pairing with a concert of art songs, arias, duets and traditional Chinese songs at the East-West Week Virtuoso Series Concert.
Taking place on Thursday, April 26th at 7:30pm at the Colorado State University- School of the Arts. The concert will be in the Organ Recital Hall and is FREE with the purchase of a ticket to the April 27 or April 28 concerts.
The duet will reprise the recital program at a concert in Shanghai later in 2012.
The Arts Incubator of the Rockies (AIR) is proud to announce a public unveiling of the AIR Curriculum Design that will highlight the hard work, time, and creativity that has been put into place over the past three months of developing the core curriculum.
On Wednesday, April 25th, AIR will be hosting an “Unveiling of Curriculum Design” from 5:30pm-7:00pm at the Lincoln Center, Canyon West room.
Interested visual artists, writers, musicians, performers, designers, arts administrators, other creatives, and community members are invited to attend the presentation to learn more about the developments of what AIR will be offering beginning this fall.
Not only does this artistic project extend beyond anyones imagination of possible outdoor art, it also reaches into some environmental issues and controversial topics.
Christo’s plan (as seen in the image) is to suspend 5.9 miles of fabric over a 42-mile stretch of the Arkansas River between Salida and Cañon City in south-central Colorado.
Cool? Some say yes, some are unsure.
CONGRATULATIONS to the 24 selected participants for the Creative Capital Workshop!
We had a 20% increase in submitted applications from last year’s Beet Street sponsored Creative Capital Workshop 2011 in Fort Collins, CO! This year, over 60 applications were submitted to participate in a “Professional Development Core Weekend Workshop” for artists.
After an application process of submitting online work, artistic samples, and a resume of their professional summary, a Creative Capital review panel selected the finalists. Based on the criteria that the participant could:
- Demonstrate a successful track record of ongoing, professional artistic activity and high quality work, and who earn, or are seeking to earn, their full livelihoods from their art
- Have creation of new work as a primary artistic focus (as compared to interpreting existing works)
- Appear poised to transition to a new phase of his/her artistic career
- Could benefit from setting professional goals and building upon marketing, fundraising, and financial management skills
- Could benefit from a new network of professional contacts
Fort Collins is known for its wide variety in selections of restaurants and tasty places to eat around town, and the Downtown Business Association and member businesses have teamed up to bring “Great Plates” 2012 to Old Town for the fifth year in a row.
This tradition of eating will continue this year with 30 downtown restaurants that are set to offer incredible dining specials for a full two weeks! Restaurant quality, authenticity, and diversity can be found throughout this list of restaurants that are sure to make your stomachs – and your wallets – happy.
Streetmosphere is a one of a kind event in Fort Collins, CO – but nationally there are numerous other summer concert and outdoor art festival events that are similarly unique. Most events occur on a specific date – unlike the all summer long events of Streetmosphere that are consistent every weekend for your entertainment!
We have gathered a list of some of the top “cousins” to Streetmosphere and will continue to add to it as the summer months approach us!
Keep checking here for listings of events and outdoor festivals for your next summer trip.
- Oregon – Wallowa Valley Festival of the Arts
- Columbia, SC – Vista After 5 & Jammin’ in July Music Festival
- Boston, MA – The Boston Arts Festival (September 10th-1th1)
- Santa Clara, CA – Festival of the Arts (weekly throughout the summer)
- Austin, TX – The Pecan Street Festival
- Indianapolis, IN – The 57th Annual Talbot Street Art Fair (June 9th&10th)
- Massachusetts – stART on the Street (June 3rd)
- Breckenridge, CO – Street Art Festival (July 27,28,29)