You want a title that customers know, that brands you, and represents your art as well as the business you have created behind it.
Once already establishing a name for your business it might seem hard to create a new image for yourself but, fear not! Emptyeasle.com has created 6 tips that they consider to be the most pertinent from an artist/creator point of view.
Here is a condensed list of their findings:
- Consider the type of art you create and how it could affect your family just by association
- Is your target audience more receptive to an artist of the same gender
- Would choosing a creative name allow you greater artistic expression?
- Does your art require a certain image or coolness to attract a particular audience?
- Are there any words you could place within your business name to help people instantly connect with what you do?
- Does your art rely on a certain location, can you use that to your advantage?
Intrigued? Check out Empty Easel for their indepth advice about renaming your art business.